New Balance is an excellent option if you need shoes that you can wear with different clothes. They have different styles for both men and women. The most important things about New Balance shoes are quality, comfort, and affordability. But, for people who have never bought New Balance shoes before, it is always a problem with how they fit. New Balance footwear runs true to size. However, this isn’t true for all shoes made by New Balance. People don’t just say “yes” or “no” when asked if New Balance shoes are true to size or if they run small.
Does New Balance Run Big or Small? Are they True to Size?
New Balance states that when you put their shoes on, they should be the right size right away. You don’t have to care about getting used to them as you do with other shoes. When you put on a new pair of New Balance shoes, your heel should be snug at the back.
At the front, the toes should be able to move around some. You also need to ensure that your arch gets enough support in the right place. It might be hard to find shoes that fit and support your foot if the arch support is further forward or backward.
New Balance Number and Letter Series
People who buy shoes from New Balance use numbers and letters to identify them by their different styles. The numbers show the shoes’ cushioning and the best way to use them. One aspect that could affect how well your shoes fit and support you is their style number.
In a style number, you could look at the last 2 digits of the number. In general, shoes that end with 40 have a lot of control and support, and shoes that end with 50 are better for exercising. It will be very stable if you pick a shoe that ends with 60. Shoes ending in 70 have a lot of stability but not much weight. They also have good speed.
If you buy a shoe that ends in 80, it gives you neutral padding, while those ending in 90 give you more speed. There are letters before a number that show if the shoes are worn by men (M), women (W), or children (G, P, I, or Y). If you notice letters after a number, then that letter indicates color. There is a number after letters that show what color it is and which is the version number of the shoe.
New Balance is an excellent shoe brand for narrow or wide feet individuals. Along with standard shoe sizing, the firm offers shoes in various widths. While many models fit true to size, you might have to Measure your feet if the width is pretty thin. Take measurements of the width and length of the feet to ensure you order the perfect size.
How to Measure the Size of Your Feet
If you haven’t taken your foot measurements in a while, you should ensure you do so before purchasing a new pair of New Balance. While you are welcome and encouraged to try on the pair you choose, it is beneficial to determine your size first.
Take your foot measurements in the late afternoon, as your feet can expand over the day. Outline the back of the heel and the tip of the big toe using a piece of pencil and paper. If necessary, seek assistance from a buddy.
Ensure you measure each foot to determine if one is larger than the other. Around three out of every five persons have a larger foot, so there is no reason to worry.
Points To Consider for Sizing Your New Balance Shoes
- Foot measurements need to be taken in the late afternoon or evening. During the day, your feet swell, which affects your results. Ensure that both feet are measured and that the greater foot size is used for sizing considerations.
- Begin by standing barefoot against a vertical line or wall with your heels. Ascertain that you are standing on a flat, firm surface.
- Alongside your right heel, place a ruler and write the size in inches. This is the needed shoe length. Repeat with your left foot.
- While measuring the length and width of your foot, measure the socks you typically wear while walking or running to determine the proper size of New Balance shoes.
- If you regularly wear orthotics for arch support and stability, you must also consider them when determining the perfect size of New Balance shoes. It varies according to the shoe model you’re looking for. If you require arch support and believe you should wear orthotics, size your shoes accordingly.
- If you’re purchasing New Balance running or walking shoes, your toes should always be able to wriggle. They are not to be squeezed. If you’re purchasing New Balance sneakers for cross-training, a snugger fit is required.
New Balance Men’s Size Chart
- If your feet are thinner at the heel and broader at the forefoot, the New Balance SL-2 may benefit you. They feature a roomy toe box and a slimmer heel than other variants.
- A few of you might have a larger foot than the other. If this is the case, choose a New Balance shoe in a bigger size.
- Amputees and those with considerable differences in foot size can view their options for obtaining two separate-sized shoes.
- New Balance footwear does not require a “breaking-in” period. You certainly purchased the incorrect size if your sneakers do not feel comfy straight out of their box.
- Try on your shoes indoors to ensure a proper fit without jeopardizing your return policy. If you participate in a sport, walk around and jump or jog in place to test your range of motion.
The Final Word
The New Balance shoes are often true to size. When determining your right size, ensure you measure your feet correctly. Your new pair should fit snuggly to ensure optimal support, enhanced motion, and comfort.
Refrence 1: How Do New Balance Shoes Fit? – How To Shoe
Reference 2: Do New Balance Run Small: Detailed Guide to Get Accurate Size (shoestheory.com)